Terms & Conditions
- Companies that are specialized in the work required & Interested to participate and have valid registration with Tender Board may obtain Tender documents from the Procurement and Contracts Department, Muscat Electricity Distribution Co. at Airport Heights.
- Payment by (via Visa Electron), non-refundable.
- The Tender documents may be collected on any working days between 08:00 – 13:00 hours.
- Bids should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to the CHAIRMAN OF INTERNAL TENDER COMMITTEE, MUSCAT ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION CO. marked with tender number and submitted to Muscat Electricity Distribution Co. at Airport Heights. Other marks or any reference must not be printed outside the envelopes.
- The bid should enclose a bank guarantee or certified cheque issued by any bank in the Sultanate of Oman for the value of (1%) of the tender value and addressed to the CHAIRMAN OF INTERNAL TENDER COMMITTEE, MUSCAT ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY S.A.O.C.
- The Completed Tender should be deposited in the tender box number 1 in the ground floor of Muscat Electricity Distribution Co. at Airport Heights, before 10 a.m. on the assigned date for submission of the bid.
- MEDC has the right to ask/enquire/contact about the proposal for additional information from the concerned officer in-charge.
- MEDC reserves the right to reject one or more proposals without specifying any reasons & the company may select the best proposal that meets its requirements.
PROCESS OF BID SUBMISSION
- Both of commercial and technical proposals and any related document shall be must be submitted as a software copy (on CD’s).
- Beside the CD’s, tenderer should submit Printable File, as a hard copy only, which include Form of tender & the bill of quantity.
- The CD’s should be in good conditions, in PDF format and its contents can be copied easily.
- To Keep the CD’s inside the envelope (a sealed envelope), along with the Printable File, marked with Company name, Tender No and Tender description on the CD’s.
- The Tenderer should enclose a Bank Guarantee or certified cheque issued by any bank in the Sultanate of Oman for the value of (1%) of the tender value for period of (90) days from the Submission date and addressed to The Chairman of the Tender Committee. This Guarantee should be in a separate transparent envelop attached with Printable File.
- While submitting the bids, the bidder is required to sign to confirm the submission of the proposal at the reception.
- To provide the name of officer in-charge of the proposal in case any discussion or clarification required.
- If the bidder wishes to offer an alternative option, a sign of its existence must be marked in Printable File.
- Deviation from the tender terms & conditions or specifications shall be clearly mentioned and indicated in the cover letter of the bids. The same shall be detailed as well in the related part in the tender document.
- A regret letter is required if tenderer was not able to submit his bid.
- The bids submitted shall be clear, well arranged & documented. No loose papers/documents/bids or any other related parts will be accepted in the bid.
- Any bids submitted not as per the above will be rejected.