ABOUT MUSCAT ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION CO.
Muscat Electricity Distribution Company SAOC ("MEDC") is a closed joint stock Omani company established as a result of the new market structure for electricity and related water sector under the Sector Law promulgated by Royal Decree No. 78 / 2004.
MEDC commenced operations on 1st May 2005 and has an authorised, issued and paid-up capital of 500,000 shares of RO 1 each. Electricity Holding Company (EHC) holds 99.99% of its shares while 0.01% is held by Ministry of Finance (MOF). MEDC is licensed by Authority for Electricity Regulation, Oman (AER) for the distribution and supply of electricity in the Muscat Governorate; covering an authorised area of 3,900 sq.kms of the Sultanate of Oman.
MEDC- Business Activities- Distribution
- Providing a safe, efficient and reliable distribution system.
- Reinforcement of the distribution system for levels of service improvement.
- Providing extensions and connections for new customer.
- Ensuring compliance and development of the grid code and distribution code.
- Continuing the improvement of management of all capital projects.
- Developing international best practices in the management of our assets and network.
- Meeting our HSE obligations for the safety of our people, our contractors and the public at large.
MEDC- Business Activities- Supply
- Developing standard terms for supply.
- Supplying electricity to premises.
- Procuring electricity from Oman Power and Water Procurement(OPWP).
- Meter readings, billing, collection and credit control.
- Customer registration and management.
- Minimizing revenue loss.